

Nikki got to play the Porcelain bowls. Beautiful!


Nikki liked this funny cat orchestra. They wanted like $200 though!

Better prices at china on the park for Fukagawa china though. Nikki bought a vase and some little jars! Good Job Nikki! I like to shop!

Peter really loves Kimono!

We went to have the most famous Sasebo burger for lunch at Log-kit. They were super rude to us and then we all had to order a huge burger. Peter was SO hungry and getting grumpy. The burgers were like sausage patties and made us sick to our stomachs though. Never again! Good experience for them.




We headed up to Yumahari lookout for a view over Sasebo. Then down around the 99 islands. It was too icky to go on the boat since it kept raining.


Nikki thought this sign translated to "Please do not feed poop to the cats".

She loves cats though. She couldn't stay away from them...

More sign posing...


One billionth time here but I still like to take pictures...

Here is the opening scene for the movie "The Last Samurai" with Tom Cruise. Although all of his scenes were shot in Tokyo because he is too good for Sasebo. The most famous person to visit here is the Weasley twins from Harry Potter. How famous!

That night we were still sick from the stupid burger so we just had snacks and sake at Zawatmi.

Then we went home and celebrated Nikki's birthday.

Day 2 we headed out to Hirado Island and Ikitisuki Island to see the Kannon, basically the same sights we show everyone. First stop is Hirado Castle, then the Pagoda. This time we figured a different route to the pagoda up through another shrine.



I practiced my sign posing. Japanese have the funniest signs!


Old Japanese Armor for the lord. What's with the mustache?

This is why I want and SLR. Peter took these pictures...


Different way up...





Hillside Graveyards...Nice ocean view. I wonder if that is extra when you're dead too?

Everyone loves bamboo!

We took a few pictures of the little fishing village on Hirado.

And you thought purple wasn't a manly color...

Off to see the Kannon...



Playing in front of the Buddha.

Peter reaching a new levitation....

Tysen and Brandt learned you could go inside last time, so we checked it out.

I've been to the Kannon so many times and I never noticed people put money on the trees for good luck. Sometimes it's good to keep going back I guess. You see something new every time!

I LOVE driving people around...OK not really.

Then back home for some yummy dinner a Tonchikhan Yakitori.

The next day we were up early and headed down to Nagasaki. Stopped at the shrine of good health just because it makes you feel so...healthy!





Koi in the pond. I think the more Japanese something is, the more I love it!

Then around to the normal Nagasaki sights, the A-bomb museum, half tori gate...

Brandt loves the big Camphor trees behind the gate. They withstood the A-bomb blast!

Just hanging around....Ha!

Narrow Streets - seriously, cars do fit down these! Just not one each way.

Then I was looking high and low for my favorite shrine, Sofuku-Ji, and we stumbled upon this one on Temple row that I hadn't been too before (Suwa - Jinja Shrine). Good Fortune! Prostitutes woudl come here long ago and pray for a storm to wash the sailors ashore so they could earn money. Something for everyone!




Brandt and Peter mapping out their Master Money Plans.

Nikki Praying like a prostitute.

Money at the Temple too. Notice it one place and now it's everywhere. Obvious not a big wish from this person since it is only Yennies!

We found these Rose shaped ice cream cones for only 100 yen. Good Deal!

Mom wanted to come so bad to Japan during Cherry Blossoms but she was too late. The plum blossoms and early cherry blossoms were already coming out in March. We knew she would be SO mad!



We had a picnic at the Peace Park.

Brandt feeding the pigeons.

These girls walked all the way down the the water and on stones in heels!

After Nagasaki, we were so tired we just staid near home and ate at Sushi-go round. Yeah!

No comments:
Post a Comment