Sunday, August 10, 2008

Catch Up!

So, I've apparently been a little busy with Brandt being home since I haven't added many pictures in the last few months...We've had a few parties and traveled a little. Here's a recap -

Within my office, we lost a few assistants and our front desk girl so we threw them a little party at one of the several rooftop beer gardens around town. This one is one top of a high end department store, Tamaya. 3200 yen or about $30 buys all you can eat and drink for 4 hours. I think I did more drinking than eating, but that's okay.





























Chelsea and I keeping everyone in check... Chelsea did a better job than myself.






























The middle of June is also when all the fireflies come out. Known as "Hotaru" festival, hundreds of thousands of fireflies look like Christmas lights throughout all the treetops. I tried to take pictures but they flicker too fast for my lens to snap. Bummer!




















It was a beautiful night for watching fireflies!





























We caught all the little crabs running around and played with them while we were waiting for the fireflies to come out.















Here's the best picture I could get of the fireflies the kids were catching...















In honor of Brandt's return, we threw a dinner party to welcome the new dentists on the USS Denver and USS Essex and say goodbye to Chelsea and Cory. Sad! Brandt made Salmon filets for everyone and we were up until 3 am! It still felt too early to go to bed. I guess sometimes I don't feel so old.





























Finally, all the rice fields are in full growth and the bright green makes everything so much more beautiful around our neighborhood. Brandt missed this season last year so I'm glad he's home for it this year- everything looks so much better!


































Egrets also love the green fields!















We may be in the country, but houses are still right on top of each other...Amazing!















The first weekend of August was the Seaside festival in Sasebo. REALLY HOT weather and lots of food to eat. Unfortunately it was too hot to be hungry so kind of a disappointment. Funny children's rides though!






























Every festival, people will dress up in Kimono and Yakuta for the celebration.




















The kids also take advantage of increased festival crowds by standing the Ginza and asking for money for their next trip. Good Planning, but very noisy!




















And of course, awesome outfits and people watching!




















After the Seaside festival, we headed over to Dave and Maki's house for a BBQ and went out to the bars afterwards. Good Times at the Westerner!





























And Dancing....

No comments: