

In the background is the Pirate Queen ship I took Debbie on when she was here.

We pulled up to this nice little beach, which even had a porta-potty on it and checked out the island.


We set up a little picnic area and grilled yummy Yakitori (Meat on a stick).

Max had a good time playing in the sand and we tried to catch some minnows but they were way to fast. One thing we tried not to catch - box jellyfish! It is jellyfish season so it takes some fun out of being in the water but the box is especially dangerous and leaves purple scarring for years after a sting. And they are only a few inches large across their body with maybe 1 foot long blue tentacles. Yuck! I would have taken a picture of the ones we saw but I broke my camera (the LCD screen shorted out) when a little salt water splashed on it. Boo! At least it is still under warranty! There were also these little sand flea bugs that would made it a little uncomfortable to sit on my sand and play. All in all-Japan doesn't have many animals on the island but lots of bugs! I realize that more and more every day!


As we were heading in, the dark clouds started rolling along and we were hot, so it was time to head home. Brandt got to open his presents and have some crazy cake - YUM! Although I think I am more crazy about the cake than him since I practically ate the whole thing without any help!
1 comment:
Mindy,
How are you? I stole your blog off of Kelly's. She wrote on our blog and I got to yours from there. I can't believe your in Japan!!!! My mom has run into your mom a few times, so I knew about the wedding, Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment